My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business name has been changed in My Business but old name is still in right hand search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

The business name has been successfully changed in Google My Business but still comes up as the old name in the business listing on the search results page.

When i go to suggest an edit the new name is the one that shows up and the save button is blanked out.

Any suggestions on how to get this properly updated or who is best to talk to about it?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business name has been changed in My Business but old name is still in right hand search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

We'll need some more information please before we can offer any suggestions.

Can you provide the two business names, the business address and a screenshot of where you are seeing the old name appear?

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Business name has been changed in My Business but old name is still in right hand search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Am I able to send it in a private message?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi

Unfortunately it is against guidelines to ask for personal assistance outside of the Community itself. If you're not happy to provide the details here then I'm afraid we can't help.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is was removed for some reason

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

Interesting - I get the two different names, but the same Knowledge graph depending on how I search (with or without the address).

I'll see if my CM can help at all here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, appreciate the help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Just a quick question, when did you update the new business name to the listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think a month ago

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Also, it shows the desired brand name with "Brand(any)+full business address". Check once..