My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business name change and custom url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last year I changed my business name from We Install Your Stuff (this was way too campy and didn't resonate with my target customers) to Smart Installation.

My custom URL currently reflects my old business name and I really would like to change it to my current business name. Is there any way to do this even if it requires paperwork and time?

If there is no way to change it, is it possible to create a new account without messing up all the verification I did to get it where I am now?  

I have not updated the page till recently and I have not posted articles, pictures, and updates like I should.  I don't really have any followers so I'm not sure if it will hurt anything if it possible to start over.  

Business Info:

Name: Smart Installation

Address: 4001 Dillons Dr, Eagle Mountain, UT 84005

Phone Number: 801-899-3929

Google+ URL: https://www.google.com/+Weinstallyourstuff

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Business name change and custom url

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott C

Unfortunately, deleting the page from your dashboard isn't likely to delete the page from the local database - it will just be unclaimed but still visible in Maps etc. And then if you try to create a new page for your business that new page will be marked as a duplicate since the other page already exists!

The best option I can suggest is to contact GMB support via one of the options at https://support.google.com/business/contactflow and explain the situation. Sometimes they are able to change the URL in situations like this, but it may take a little while.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog