My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business moved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business moved location. I created a new website and then created and verified its location on Maps (via business.google).
When I try to search for my business, it comes up with my old business' address (it appears there was an entry for it previously) which is marked as closed. I have to search for my business plus its new street name explicitly to find the new address on maps.

Obviously customers searching for my business want to see the new address and not the old one, so how do I resolve this? I want the new address (which is just down the road) to show up in search results before the old/closed address does.

Do I need to claim the old address? I imagine then that I'd have 2 locations under my management screen, would it be possible to change the address of the old one then delete the new one I created - or merge them in some way?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business moved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hrishi I

Without providing me with both business addresses I cant provide exact links.

So, the process is:

Contact business support and ask them to mark as MOVED >> the old closed listing to the current verified listing.

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership