My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business location is duplicated and cannot be updated as no mailbox to receive postcard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently moved our business to a new address and for someone reason Google has added our new location on maps as a separate entry with the company name appended with a wrong word.  Our location is now duplicated and I do not want to remove the old location (as it has our reviews and other important information) and can't remove the new location as this is how people find us. How can we merge these two? 

I can't seem to be able to edit or update anything on Google Business or maps as I have not been able to receive the verification postcard since there is no mailbox at the location and being based in the UAE do not get mail typically delivered to street addresses. 

Feeling pretty helpless with this issue. Any insight would be appreciated.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sasha P
May 2017

Business location is duplicated and cannot be updated as no mailbox to receive postcard

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sasha P

If this is still an issue for you, you need to contact GMB support directly to have your old location listing amended to show your busness has moved to the new location.

Contact GMB through your dashboard:

1- log into your Google my business dashboard http://www.google.com/mybusiness
2- select support from left hand side hamburger menu
3- a help screen will appear to the right
4- Scroll down and select 'Phone' to request a call back from GMB Support. If not available, select 'Email'.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sasha P
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sasha P

If this is still an issue for you, you need to contact GMB support directly to have your old location listing amended to show your busness has moved to the new location.

Contact GMB through your dashboard:

1- log into your Google my business dashboard http://www.google.com/mybusiness
2- select support from left hand side hamburger menu
3- a help screen will appear to the right
4- Scroll down and select 'Phone' to request a call back from GMB Support. If not available, select 'Email'.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog