My Business
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business listings disappeared from local search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Afternoon

About 3 weeks ago the search results for our field (tattoo and body piercing) in our area have completely changed. A number of business disappeared (including ours) and some businesses that are further away took their places. We used to be 4th/5th/6th result routinely regardless what the search term was (most common examples being "camden tattoo" "tattoo shops camden" "piercing camden" etc, I'm sure you get the idea). Now we only come up if one particular term is being searched for, which is "body piercing in camden town" which, realistically isn't something that people would search for when the same search could be carried out with a two word search. It's very annoying as we're the only 5* rated business on google in our area with glowing reviews which we worked extremely hard for and now it's all pretty much gone. Any idea what we could do to restore things? We haven't changed anything, it just randomly happened literally overnight.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Nemesis Tattoo & Piercing

3.Buck Street

Camden

London

NW1 8NJ

UK

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113010637978489570190

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business listings disappeared from local search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nemesis T

There was a big update around 3 weeks ago and it changed a lot of rankings. Many have said their listing is gone, but it's still there - just filtered.

See Joy's article at Search Engine Land and the link to the Local Search Forum where lots of pros are discussing all the changes.