My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing suspended, reason unclear

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

One of our businesses, Neston Recreation Centre, has been suspended for quality reasons and we're unsure as to why this has happened. Is there a way to get it reinstated?

The G+ page is https://plus.google.com/106912826810630462505

Address:

Neston Recreation Centre

Raby Park Road

Neston

Cheshire

CH64 9NQ

0151 336 5741

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrioLeisure
January 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Maybe you're inside another account. Check your user first (right corner), select your business from G+, then visit my profile. You should be able to edit your info, there's a button on the banner. Anyway there are few options, just a short description, banner and profile picture. Focus on your business listing and you'll see results faster.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've searched for your address in maps and looked your G+ profile: it reads "Neston Recreation Centre is part of Brio Leisure". It's not complete, nor it's linked to any website to check info, and your logo is from Brio Leisure (checked that name too).

More important, I can't see your business clearly identified on street view. Is all the complex or just one of the buildings? Is the complex Brio Leisure or is Neston Recreation Centre the same as Brio Leisure?

Maybe you can check my business quality guidelines to improve your listing adding more information and pictures, following guidelines and stating clearly what you do and what is your relation to Brio Leisure. Also don't use their logo or use their name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response.

Brio Leisure is the company name, we run several venues in the area which are all named individually, such as Neston Recreation Centre. 

I'm confused because this venue has been set up in the same way as all of our other venues, yet this one has been suspended for some reason. 

I've gone to the Neston Recreation Centre G+ profile to try and edit the description, but I can't seem to find the option to do so. I added website links to all of our venues through Google My Businesses, do I need to do this through G+ as well? The venue did used to be clearly identified on Google Maps, but it no longer gets its listing shown on there - this is what made me look to see what was wrong, and I discovered it had been suspended.

Apologies for all the confusion - the Google Plus side of things has me quite confused, I thought I'd handled all this via My Business!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If Brio Leisure is the company name it is the name it should show on listings, based on google's quality guidelines. As I told you, improving overall quality of the listing and G+ profile should benefit your listing, maybe passing clean with that same name.

As a last note, in the street view I can't see your logo, your name or anything at all that clearly identifies any building or entrance with your business. I suppose your business is some or all of this facility seen on maps, but no sign at all.

Hope you get your listing back soon!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah ok, thanks for this! There isn't any proper branding on the outside of the building - it's actually joined on to a local high school so from the road you probably wouldn't be able to tell it's a Brio Leisure venue. We're working on that! 

I'll take a look at those guidelines and see what I can do to improve the listing - on a side note though, I can't seem to edit any of the Google+ profiles for our venues anymore. I go to My Businesses, click on Neston Recreation Centre and then click the button to visit the G+ profile, but once I'm there it doesn't give any options to edit anything. Are you able to shed any light on why that might be?

Thanks again for all your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrioLeisure
January 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Maybe you're inside another account. Check your user first (right corner), select your business from G+, then visit my profile. You should be able to edit your info, there's a button on the banner. Anyway there are few options, just a short description, banner and profile picture. Focus on your business listing and you'll see results faster.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will do, thanks for everything! :)

Re: Business listing suspended, reason unclear

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @BrioLeisure

Some good points make by @Jaime Martinez. The name and address seemed a little odd to me at first but I think the issue may have been a duplicate listing that I found traces of. That duplicate is gone now and I would recommend filing for reinstatement to see if everything is okay as is now.

You can do this by filing out the form here: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129

Good luck!

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem.

Zion Locksmith

Hurricane, UT

(435) 414-1473

https://goo.gl/maps/sSD94V3fzZ22