My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing suspended due to quality issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company name is:
McBreen Marketing
I recently moved from Seattle, WA to Fort Collins, CO
Today, I simply made address and phone # changes and now see that my business listing has been suspended.
I’ve checked everything but don’t understand why it’s been suspended “due to quality issues”…?
McBreen Marketing
1202 Crestway Ct
Fort Collins, CO 80526
(970) 286-2158

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you do a screen shot of the Suspended notice?

Also you need to go out and delete as much other web content for the old location as possible. And build up new web content for the new location so Google predominately sees content for the new address. I had clients in the past who had tremendous problems showing up properly for a new location as the old location was well established.

You should have marked the old search result as Permanently Closed so that old content has somewhere to still associate with. If you are in seperate vertical marketing directories you need to change your entry in all you can. Sometimes you need to email them through a contact at the bottom of the page.

And make a new GmB listing at the new address. It will take a few weeks for a new location to establish in search anyway.

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

Thank you!

I actually spoke to someone at Google. They told me the suspension was because I moved from an office address to a home address. So, I had to go into the settings and hide my address, then they did something else on their end, so the suspension is lifted today but I did have to verify again, so awaiting the postcard ;)

Another question: Once I receive the verification code, can I re-set this, so my street address shows up? (I want to rank well locally, so will need to use various local citation sources). There are privacy issues of course, but I don't want to lose anything when it comes to ranking well locally. 

Thanks!
Craig

Re: Business listing suspended due to quality issues

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The reason you were Suspended is that google do not allow do not allow a business which does not have a store front and opening hours to show its address. You will find the same rules in any other listing engine. It does not affect your ranking hiding the address. The important thing is to sevice area as small as possible to cover the actual area you are really serving. Do not hide the address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It’s good to know it won’t affect rank. I do remember seeing other listings of home-based businesses where the address, pic of home, etc. was listed.