My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing showing wrong address.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My business listing 'Access Demolition Group' is showing my residential address. I have closed the listing completely....so it removes my business listing , however the listing is still showing up. Can you remove the listing? I would like to register my business listing with my work address and verify with my work address instead...unless you can change the address for me and reactivate the listing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have accidentally signed up with 2 Gmail accounts . one with the email I am posting with and another with another email. the email I am posting with is not verified as I have not received the postcard...the other email account I verified using postcard sent to residential address. The current listing that is showing up with my residential address I would like to either get it completely deleted or address changed to my business address?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

quoting you @Access Demolition G

"have closed the listing completely....so it removes my business listing"

This is a misunderstanding as removing it from your dahboard will not make it disappear.

Learn more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4669092?hl=en

so it remains hard to help you not getting a link or screenshot showing your listing.

I btw and searching for just "Access Demolition Group" can't find it at all.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If you go to www.google.com.au search 'Access Demolition Group' .... listing shows up as my residential address... I verified using my residential address....hoping I could change it to my business address later....although changing it back to my business address didn't work. I now have signed up using my business gmail account....with business address...but not yet verified. So I would like to remove the current listing with my residential address and wait to verify the new listing with business address...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

On top of this I can't even find the listing in my accounts to edit or delete since I clicked remove listing it disappeared from my dashboard. I really need my residential address removed.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

it's unfortunately a misbelief supposing if doing the same search by different users using the same search engine and same query gives the same result.

It almost never does!!!

I get the below on my end:

Screenshot 2017-01-14 at 21.50.34.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So how come using 3 different browsers I get the above business listing? Even after deleting all history in the browser and researching on google again? It still comes up?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

ok based on your own screenshot I get the listing now.

Since it is a verified listing:

Are you the listing owner - managing it in your dashboard?

If so oyu can very easy change the listing to a service area with hidden address.

This HC article tells you how to achieve:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I can't find my business in my dashboard it is empty since I clicked close listing....there is no business listing or anything in my dashboard...it asks me to list a business?