My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing incorrectly marked "Permanently Closed"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

We are having some issues with our Google My Business listing.  For some reason, it is marked as "Permanently Closed" and I can't seem to figure out why.  

Here is our information:

1. BND Interiors, Inc.

2. 417 E 4th Street, East Dundee, IL 60118
3. 847-428-0888
4. https://plus.google.com/+BNDInteriorsIncCarpentersville/about

Thank you for any help you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy A
August 2016

Re: Business listing incorrectly marked "Permanently Closed"

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jeremy A

the best way to re-open a business if it's accidentally marked closed for some reason, is inside your Google My Business account. The listing looks like it's verified (usually don't via postcard) do you have the login details to go in and edit the business information? If you do, here's instructions for re-opening the business.

It looks like you tried to update the listing using the method Google makes available to the general public. Clicking on 'suggest an edit' can work, but every single change needs to be manually reviewed. You've made 4, and they're all still pending, so that can gum things up. If you can log in and fix it though, you don't have to worry about that. Let me know if you can't log in and edit it in google.com/business and I'll let you know what to do instead. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy A
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jeremy A

the best way to re-open a business if it's accidentally marked closed for some reason, is inside your Google My Business account. The listing looks like it's verified (usually don't via postcard) do you have the login details to go in and edit the business information? If you do, here's instructions for re-opening the business.

It looks like you tried to update the listing using the method Google makes available to the general public. Clicking on 'suggest an edit' can work, but every single change needs to be manually reviewed. You've made 4, and they're all still pending, so that can gum things up. If you can log in and fix it though, you don't have to worry about that. Let me know if you can't log in and edit it in google.com/business and I'll let you know what to do instead. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you James!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Happy to help!