My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business is open by appointment only.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I make that apparent on my listing? I don't have hours listed but have put "Open by appointment only" in my store description.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business is open by appointment only.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To help with your question, please provide:
1. The Google Local Page URL
2. Your Website URL
3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Guy,
There is no way to make that apparent, if you have a web site you should make that visible there.
The Description section of the Google+ Page was the place to do it, but in the new Google+ format that information is no longer visible and who knows how much longer we will have Google+ pages.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

N/A
# 4
N/A
This is a real problem and can lead to many angry customers. When will this be corrected??

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
We have no idea if Google would implement a more business friendly setup for businesses that operate by appointment only.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes - Please implement an Hours option for "By appointment Only" I have listed our busienss as a service area and indicated that we don't accept customers at our location. Since we are often out on service calls, we are not at our location anyway and the hours are misleading.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are two instances where customers could be confused. I'm a travel writer and you don't have a category for writer, freelance writer or travel writer and I don't have "hours." I travel to businesses and destinations. Potential clients can call me during specified times but I prefer they contact me via my website or email. Can I leave the hours blank? How do I deal with these issues? Thanks,

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.