My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business is listed as my home address and phone number and business does not exist

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I get a business that does not exist removed off my home address and phone number?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Business is listed as my home address and phone number and business does not exist

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Find the listing, then click on the Suggest an Edit, and then right under the photos, street view, map select Yes for Moved, Closed, or was never here.  After that select the appropriate option, then click on Send.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

report  it through GMaps -> "suggest an edit" -> "No" -> "Never exist"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a related problem - my business is run out of my home (e-commerce and local delivery). How do I remove my home address yet keep my business radius intact?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

None of these options work. This my home address and phone number attached to a business and it isn't even located in the correct place on the map. It is on someone else's home that is three miles from mine. I want my address and phone number removed from the name. I don't care where that business name appears on the map as long as it isn't attached to anything of mine. Due to this attachment, I have received solicitations for this business and I can't get them to stop. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Debbie,

Can you provide the link and/or business name and information that has the wrong contact info? If you do not wish to provide it, please go to the listing and click the "suggest an edit" link and proceed from there. If needed, you can also contact business support via one of these options and ask for further help:

Kind Regards,

James

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Also do a search from a browser bar for the phone no, and then the address, to see if they are associated elsewhere on the web with the other address. If so you need to get the source deleted to stop Google scraping an unverified search result from it.

The never existed option may stop the search result appearing on a map but the data could be visible in the organic text search.

Andrew.