My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business hours keep changing from clossed to open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My google places listing shows that I am open on Sundays, 11am - 4pm. I go to the management page and I change this, pressing the delete (X) next to Sunday. I then save changes at the bottom of the screen. I then go back to the public page and it now says Sunday closed. So great, my public and management pages now both say I am closed on Sunday. Over the next few weeks, I check both pages periodically, and they both stay closed on Sunday. But wait, a few weeks go by with everything being ok and then one day, Bam! It is back to saying I am open on Sundays again. I write google support, they say they will fix it. I make everything closed on Sundays again. Bam, a few weeks later, the listing says I'm open again. I've been through this about 6 times now in the past year, each time alerting google support, each time they tell me they have fixed the problem. I asked them to check the logs to see if someone is changing the hours, they say it is a technical problem. Sometimes they want me to go to my management page and click on "approve changes" or something, which I do, but the problem always comes back. Lately, I've been asking for a supervisor or manager to look into it. Today I asked for someone to call me about this problem. Customers are showing up to my business on Sundays and getting mad at me because Google said we were open.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business hours keep changing from clossed to open

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John H

I will escalate and ask that external sites be ignored.

What is happening is that Google is finding conflicting information about the hours.

I would suggest hunting these down and changing them :

Some examples:

http://www.usplaceslist.com/battley-harley-davidson-battley-cycles-2

http://www.thephonearchive.com/phone-data-301-948-4581-1316278.htm

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim, I visited a ton of sites listed on MOZ and corrected a lot of them. But that was two weeks ago when these e-mails came to me and the hours are STILL reverting on my business' google plus page. You mentioned escalating the issue so that external sites would be ignored, is there a status on that? -- John Hardison TrekkieJohn@gmail.com

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @John H

It says closed on your page for sunday ?

screencapture (54).png

Which is incorrect ?

PS : this one still has you open

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are closed on Sundays. I just had to change it again yesterday when i wrote you. It had gone back to saying I was open. Our hours are: Tues-Fri 10am - 7pm Saturday 9-5pm Closed Sunday and Monday Thanks for your help with this. I am at wits end. -- John Hardison TrekkieJohn@gmail.com

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a business with the exact same issue. It needs to be resolved because its showing us as Closed when we should be Open. Its costing us $$$! Please help.

I correct the hours on a daily basis currently.  After 24 hours the Business Hours revert and go back to the incorrect settings.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew P

Can you please start a new thread (from here https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/bd-p/Basics_for_Business_Owners click on the red cross at the bottom right) and provide your business name and full address.

Thanks.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @John H

I will escalate again, but that US places site has to be corrected !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Don't know how to correct it. there is no menu on the screen that allows you to claim a business as your own. When you first pointed this out to me, I used the "contact" button at the bottom of the screen and sent them a note about my hours. They have never responded or made a change. Unsure what else I can do. -- John Hardison TrekkieJohn@gmail.com