My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business hours are incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google Account. In my Google Account the hours for our restaurant are correct. However, if you search for the restaurant name in google, the hours are completely wrong. The results return a really old web page shot, and hours that never existed. Can you please tell me how to change this? Winter is our slow season and we need as many customers as possible. Tonight alone I had two people come in and tell me "the internet says your closed". Please help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Business hours are incorrect

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Kate, it looks like the hours are fixed now. Can you confirm?

Also, if you are seeing this message - "Your edits won't show up on Google unless you verify your business.Learn more Verify now" It means that the page is not verified in your account. Since it's a verified page (the live one) you need to request ownership. Do you know where it might be claimed? It would be good to figure that out if possible.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Kate, please provide the business details so we can have a chance to help you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. The restaurant name is Jake Rooney's restaurant. If you search for the words "jake rooneys" just like that, on google, you will come to this page - https://www.google.com/search?q=jake+rooneys&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=
If that link works. The page has an old old screen shot from the web site (which is www.jakerooneys.com) which is not such a huge deal.
The scariest thing at the moment is the hours being listed incorrectly. It says we're open from noon til 5 or noon til 6, when we are open til late every night.

In my Google account which is under Kate Lomask (ktgirl710@gmail.com), the hours are correct, and have been for a long time. Not sure what to do.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Kate, can you confirm that this is the page that is connected to your GMB account? - https://plus.google.com/113457393740457296294/about

Can you take a screenshot of the main part of your dashboard. Meaning the screen that comes up after clicking on "manage location" here - https://business.google.com/manage . As well as a screenshot when you click the red "edit" button.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - Thank you for your response. Yes that first link goes to a page with our name and information on it. Whether it is attached to my Google account, I'm not sure. I'm beginning to think that the page with the wrong hours was a google map page. In any case, from that link, I clicked the "hours" section and corrected the hours. I hope it will change soon.

Here are the screen caps of what happens when I go to my dashboard...

(I have tried a few times to attach them. It does not look like it's working. If you can give me an email address I can email them to you. If it helps, there is a red banner across the top that says

"Your edits won't show up on Google unless you verify your business.Learn more  Verify now"
and it says our profile is 70% complete. )

When I tried to post the screen caps a note comes up on this submission page that says "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body..."
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Kate, it looks like the hours are fixed now. Can you confirm?

Also, if you are seeing this message - "Your edits won't show up on Google unless you verify your business.Learn more Verify now" It means that the page is not verified in your account. Since it's a verified page (the live one) you need to request ownership. Do you know where it might be claimed? It would be good to figure that out if possible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi - yes it does seem that the hours are correct now! Thank you! I don't know where the page might be claimed but I will try to find out where. Thanks again for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would also like some information about this. I run a business affiliated with a college so we have regularly changing hours. I have removed the hours from our business on google but just yesterday had to drive back to the store 2 hours after we closed because a student was freaking out since google said we were open.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Jessica M Can you please start your own thread with your full business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.