My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business has moved, Google says "Permanently Closed" with old address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Old Town Art Gallery

417 2nd St. Suite 102

Eureka, CA 95501

(707) 445-2315

http://www.eurekaoldtownartgallery.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=old+town+art+gallery&oq=old+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l2j0j69i57j69i6...

When Old Town Art Gallery is googled, our old address shows up and says "Permanently Closed"  We are not permanently closed, we have just moved to the above location.  Please fix.

Thank you,

Gordon Trump

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gordon T
December 2016

Re: Business has moved, Google says "Permanently Closed" with old address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gordon, 

It looks like no one ever verified Google's listing for your business, if they had all you would need to do is log in and change the address for your listing. 

What you should do now, is go to google.com/business, and click the big 'start now' button. Make sure you're signed into the account you want to own the new listing. If possible, use an @eurekaoldtownartgallery.com emal to do this. It's not necessary, but if you ever need to prove ownership to Google support, it can make things less complicated if you're using a branded email. 

Once you have your profile set up and verified (you'll need to wait until you receive the verification postcard) you'll need to contact Google twitter support. Ask them to mark your old location as having moved to your new one. That should take care of it. 

As a quick bit of warning as well, the verification postcard will expire in 4 weeks I believe, it will not work if you change any information after requesting the postcard, and the PIN won't work unless you enter it from the same account you requested the postcard from. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Business has moved, Google says "Permanently Closed" with old address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  Very easy solution and able to verify by phone.  Excellent, speedy service :)