My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business doesn't show on Maps or Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have set up a GMB listing for a Financial Adviser and it looks like everything has been published but I cannot find the listing when performing a search and it also doesn't appear as a pin on the map.

For example searching 'financial adviser Falkirk' where 'financial adviser' is the category and 'Falkirk' is where the business premises are doesn't show this listing. If I view a map of Falkirk it does not show on here either.

Can someone help me to show this?

1 - Prudential Financial Planning - Tracy Cameron

2 - 25 Glenbrae, Falkirk, FK1 5LL

3 - 01324 613960

4 - https://plus.google.com/105009598207241908919/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB&_ga=1.159295869.678288606.14...

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business doesn't show on Maps or Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Is one of the experts looking at this? I notice all other questions seem to have replies and just wondered if I have done something wrong with my post?

Thanks
David

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

the "experts" are all volunteers here and not getting an answer after two hours is quite normal.

Please be patient.

Will take a closer look now

My findings:

Your bsuiness page is plus.google.com/105009598207241908919 and its live.

I find you on googles first page of all local results for "Financial Planner in Falkirk UK"

See below:

Screenshot 2016-07-20 at 15.02.22.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut

Thanks for coming back to me and sorry for my impatience - it's a problem I've been trying to solve for a while myself and was quite excited when I found this help forum.

I too can see that listing now but I have a couple of additional questions:
- why do the results display when searching 'financial planner' and not 'financial adviser'? 'Financial adviser' is the category I selected and more people are likely to search for this.
- also, if I just look at the map of the 'glen brae falkirk' the business doesn't show, whereas others do (such as Baird Taxis and Splash Carwash). Do you know why this is?

Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks
David

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@David R

you asked two questions.

Here we go:

1# regarding the category:

the listing shows the category "financial planner" only . Nothings about a category "financial advisor"

screenshot-plus.google.com 2016-07-21 14-02-25.png

There is btw for the UK in Googles list of category no category  "financial advisor": Take a look: categories_en_GB.csv "

2# to the second question:

guessing you refer to what Google call a "place label"

Please read this article about "place label":

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut

Thanks for getting back in touch and that is useful.

1. That's odd about 'financial advisor' not being a GB category. The listing shows as 'financial advisor' for me. Sorry I can't paste a screen grab for some reason. Obviously there are thousands of financial advisers in the UK, so how would I get mine to show in results for 'financial adviser' if it's not a category I can select?

2. Sounds like I'll have to wait a bit until the relevancy of the page increases.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@David R

You might not beleive it:

But take a look on the below scren grab showing your business page while I being tunneled via VPN from Germany to UK:

Screenshot 2016-07-21 at 15.58.56.png

It shows now "Financial Advisor" not  "Financial Planner" (as it happen viewing it from my German IP) and provided ealiere here.

I However can't get oyur business if seaching for "Financial Advisor" while tunneled to the brexit country  ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Welcome to the UK Helmut.

Do you have any idea how I could show the listing in search results for 'financial adviser'? There are 1,000's of listings appear under this search within the UK.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@David R

I'm afraid not having a good idea regarding the category hassle as I figured out being tunneled to the UK or not.

And I don't believe there is a fast solution for this at all.

(will nevertheless forward my findings to Google regarding how they show the listing depending on the country a user is looking for - a very strange UK category hassle - ts for my own reference only)

But regarding finding for "Financial adviser" YOu should try sending additional signals to GoogleMyBusiness through "structured data" on your website - its in general possible using schema.org

Sorry not being able for the moment to help you more.