My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business does not show on map when searching by key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read other posts, but I am still not able to determine why my business is not showing up when I type in key words for my area. Is this something you can look at to see if there is anything that I need to change. Thank you in advance for your help.

I don't have a website yet to link, but there is another company that shows up without a website so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks,

Rob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business does not show on map when searching by key words

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob G

Without any information at all on your business, we have nothing to investigate with. 

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Business does not show on map when searching by key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MargaretO,

business name is Gardner Home Inspections

3141 New Highway 7 Santa Fe TN

When i search a nearby area  for home inspectors my business does not show up on the google maps. Do i have to show my address as providing services so that it will show up??

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob G
Presumably this is based out of your home?  If so, you probably want your address hidden, as you don't want people rocking up and knocking on the front door.

Is New Highway 7, the same as Church Rd?

Service Area business do not show on the maps, but your business does sometimes show, based on the query.
For example "home inspector santa fe tn" show you https://www.google.com/search?espv=2&q=home+inspector+santa+fe+tn&oq=home+inspector+santa+fe+tn&gs_l...

But "home inspector" (when query is based in santa fe tn) does not.

How Google decides to show businesses and queries is a bit of a mystery.  Not having a website, FB page, or anything to support your business listing probably holds your listing back a bit.

You could also work on getting listings in sites like Kudzu, Home Advisor etc.  And customer reviews in those sites will also be helpful.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

UPDATE: Just found this article you might find useful too:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091

Find me on · · my blog