My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business does not appear in Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Frank Tours Rotterdam

2. Where I do business is Coolsestraat 47 - 49, 3014 LC

3. 0681156699 (+31)

4. google maps?? I am not sure how to get this one.

When I google phrases related to my business (tour company) in google such as "walking tour rotterdam" I receive a bunch of recommendations for tour companies with a Google listing but mine does not appear on there. Why is that? I have a verified account with pictures and I have filled in everything that has been requested.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business does not appear in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

your business is a verified Service Area business and as such it  won't get a place label

I however get you on a categorie based query like "Organisator van sightseeingtours Rotterdam" on page one of all results on www.google.nl in it's Dutch  userinterface:

Screenshot 2017-05-10 at 23.05.53.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How then can I make it so that when someone searches Walking Tours Rotterdam or Tour guide Rotterdam or a similar phrase that my company appears? 

I also tried to search google using a similar phrases that you had used and it did not find me..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl&hl=nl#hl=nl&q=Organisator+van+sightseeingtours+Rotterdam&rflfq=1&r...

(Het is de voorlaatste resultaat)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believed you that you could find it using the phrase you selected. But I mean what if someone uses a different search query e.g. "walking tours rotterdam". Then the listing does not appear. 

https://www.google.nl/search?q=walking+tours+rotterdam&oq=walking+tours+ro&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j...

How can I change this. Not everybody is going to be specific as organisator of sightseeing tours. Most people just go for Tours Rotterdam, or Rotterdam guides, or free walking tours etc. You see what I mean. Is there a way to influence in which search results a listing apppears?