My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business displays in the Knowledge panel under incorrect business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My clients business appears in the SERP on the knowledge panel when the incorrect business name is searched.  The clients business is called "Solarbank" and the MyBusiness listing is also titled "Solarbank". However we you do a search for "Solarbank" the listing does not display in the knowledge panel.  However, if you do a search for "Solarbank Australia" the MyBusiness listing displays in the knowledge panel.

1. Full business name  - Solarbank
2. Current business address  - 5/2 Stanton Road, Seven Hills NSW
3. Current telephone number - (02) 9984 9929
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/106778515805419241817

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lance R
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I have had a similar issue before. I think it's because of the lack of trust Google has in the intent behind the search. As soon as you add the location on to the end of the business name, Google feels a lot more confident in the intent and will then show you the knowledge panel. 

Sometimes, building citations can help in this situation but you don't want to have too many. Another approach you could take is to start earning more links that use the business name as the anchor text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for you advice Ryan

Re: Business displays in the Knowledge panel under incorrect business name

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lance R

youe explaination contradicts waht your topic said.

Not getting shown with a knowledge graph  on the pure query for "Solarbank" doesn't mean  "Business displays in the Knowledge panel under incorrect business name"

CAn you provide instead a screen grab where there is a  knowledge graph shown with a very different name if searching for  "Solarbank"?

Its mostly the case you need  much more information to submit to google if hoping a knowledge graph for a plain name search 

Here are two great articles linked: http://localu.org/?s=knowledge+panel

And don't miss this two links 
and 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies if my request was not accurate/confusing. I did try my best to articulate the issue.  To clarify, the business name is "solarbank", but the knowledge panel does not appear when "solarbank" is searched, instead, it appears when "solarbank australia" is searched.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Lance R

your issue was pretty well explained and so my answer meant:

I was going  to say through the links:

to get on a plain name search your knowledege graph you need more to do as to have a vrified GMB listing