My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business displays in the Knowledge panel under incorrect business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

currently listed as: Dr. Robert A. Frantz, MD

Should be:Frantz R. Lerebours, MD

8737 Beverly Blvd
Ste 303
Los Angeles, CA 90048

310-423-1213

http://www.frantzlereboursmd.com/staff.html

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

Make sure that you've tried setting this as your name in your Google My Business listing profile. Sometimes Google believes the name they've chosen for you is correct, and sometimes people will change it. What name did you first use when creating your listing?

From what I researched your desired name should be accepted as the correct name. I will send in an edit and see if this changes your listing. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I noticed that the listing is not verified. You should claim the business listing and have it verified as soon as you can. This gives the listing more legitimacy and your information via the listing profile that you have control of will be represented more on your public listing. Follow the steps from this article to claim your business and verify you own it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Frantz L

I don't agree with the advice of @Patrick P in case you are referring to this listing:

https://goo.gl/maps/YZFRoy7HFHN2

In case you do you then should claim it via https://goo.gl/maps/YZFRoy7HFHN2 ("Claim this bsuiness") inorder to correct its name and contact information

Good luck

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler

Hi Helmut,

I'd appreciate it if you explained what you don't agree with and how you would handle this situation. Just saying you disagree doesn't help the poster or me learn about how to solve the issue properly. In any case, your solution follows what I said about claiming the listing, therefore it doesn't help further the solution.

I look forward to hearing your proper solution for this issue.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, you should go to Google Map where your listing appear and click the Claim the business and update or change your information.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick P

thanks for asking:

Here we go:

your advise ignored at the beginning  the fact there is a unverified listing to  claim in case its the one @Frantz L is takling about.

And I responded to make this clear.

Since you later edited your response regarding this very important point now you and me are advising more or less the same ;-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler

I see. I guess I should have linked to the listing I was speaking of. However, from what you said, you don't actually disagree with me or my solution.

I'm also a little confused as you think I edited my post after you replied. This is not the case as you can see the timestamp on when I edited the post and when you replied. I would appreciate it if you would edit your reply in which you say you disagree with me as it's rather confusing that you disagree with the same solution you also suggested. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

calm down Patrick

I confirmed already your advise after your edit was  ok and almost the same I was giving.

I will not edit older post for such reasons as to other users can read the entire thread as well and will see you and me finally gave the same advise.

YOu also should be aware the possibility your edited post wasn/t noticed by me when I respomded at first here as I don't watch the forum through the forum but through my email notifications.

And when I responded not agreeing with oyu I didn't got at this time the notification about your edit. 

I will not continue the kind od off topic disscussion between us both as it doesn't help @Frantz L