My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business disappeared from maps about a month ago

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having some problems with my girlfriends pilates & yoga studio on google maps (she opened the studio 1 year ago).

This problem started a bit longer than a month ago and I am not sure why this problem occured. The problem:

When using keywords like: "yoga pozuelo" or "pilates pozuelo" the studio used to show up within the top 5 (usually top 3) search results on the MAP result. We still rank pretty good when it comes to google search results, but in map we have disappeared totally with those search words. Nowadays, when using the keywords: "yoga pozuelo" or "pilates pozuelo", the maps shows studio's that are in the center of Madrid area, sometimes 10 km further (which is far).

Now I found out that when you zoom into the area of the studio, the studio shows up as a dot. Also when googling "vitality pilates yoga" you can find it on maps. But the keywords are more important.

I don't really understand why this change suddenly happened? I was thinking this problem will solve itself with time, but like I mentioned it has been more than a month now. I have been looking on the web forums and found that maybe it is a problem of having 2 google+ accounts? We have these accounts for a while, maybe recently it's problem? If so, how can I safely delete this one: https://plus.google.com/u/0/102936018776473323492/auto

and keep this one? https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Vitalitypilatesyoga/

Ofcourse if the google+ accounts are no issue, we can keep both.

About an hour ago, I made a view changes to be sure:

- moved the marker more on the building

- changed the city name to "Pozuelo de Alarcon" instead of Madrid.

But like I mentioned, before we were showing up and ranking ok with these settings.

I hope there is someone that can help me with this. Really would appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business disappeared from maps about a month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@D D

At first you seem confusing G+ pages and personal profiles of G+

plus.google.com/102936018776473323492 is a personal profiles (badly named as a business - because of violating rules of G+ fro personal profiles)

Nevertheless it can get deleted by the same user having created this personal profil - using the same GoogleAccount while creating it.

Here is a HC article how to achieve this.

The other page https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Vitalitypilatesyoga/ is a verified local business and there is no way to merge it with the bad personal profile plus.google.com/102936018776473323492

[ Edited ]
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut G,
well, the personal profile was created with the studio email address: vitalitypilatesyoga@gmail.com
that is why we made that profile. Later we found the possibility of a local business profile, so we added the business profile later.
We made both profiles with that same email address. If I follow the instructions as instructed in the HC article. It will only delete the google+ account and not the local business profile.
Do you think that this is the reason of the disappearing of mark of the studio in "google maps"?
Thanks again Helmut.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@D D

what do you mean with "disappearing of mark of the studio in "google maps""?

That business as described and based  on  plus.google.com/u/0/+Vitalitypilatesyoga appears on GMaps:

Screenshot 2015-11-12 at 14.02.39.png

[ Edited ]
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, yes indeed @Helmut G that is also why I think it is so strange.

The problem is not with the marking of our profile when you use the search keys "vitality pozuelo" in google.

The problem is that we are not shown on google maps results when you use the keywords: "yoga pozuelo" and "pilates pozuelo". And eventhough studios that are 10km away from pozuelo are shown on the results, my girlfriends studio is not, eventhough we were in the top 5 (last time before we disappeared, we were shown nr. 2) before. See screenshots below, our studio is not mentioned or shown. (sorry, I can't seem to post the pics)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I get the business if searching with www.google.es/?hl=es  for "Vitality Pilates en Madrid"

Screenshot 2015-11-12 at 16.26.33.png

Why should we get it for "[your keywords] pozuelo"?

I as a German have no idea what "pozuelo" is and how it is related to plus.google.com/u/0/+Vitalitypilatesyoga

[ Edited ]
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut G, Madrid is like a "Province" and a city at the same time. A BIG city like Berlin. Pozuelo is an area within the province of Madrid. So if someone lives in the area of Pozuelo and wants to look for a yoga studio. That person will use the keywords "Yoga Pozuelo" and not "Yoga Madrid". My girlfriends studio is situated in Pozuelo. But although it showed up for a couple of months in the search results. Now it doesn't. The confusion is about why it disappeared. We didn't do anything and it suddenly disappeared while other studio's in the area are still mentioned in the list/map. And more important, what is the workaround the fix this "problem". Thanks for your help so far @Helmut G. ​See the attached pictures. "Vitality Pilates & Yoga" is not to be found in these results. P.S. I deleted the profile on google+ as you suggested. If that indeed was the problem, how long will it take for google to catch up on this and "make things as they were before"? Kind regards, Dave

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Tanks for the "local" clarification.But waht a surprise. There isn't in the province Madrid a city or village "Pozuelo" but "Pozuelo de Alarcón"

And now and searching for "Yoga en Pozuelo de Alarcón" I get you as the forth result:

Screenshot 2015-11-12 at 19.41.50.png

I also get you for "Yoga en Pozuelo Madrid.

But then yo are listed as the seventh result on all results.

For "Yoga cerca de Pozuelo" I get you as the fifth result.

Believe you should now read few articles:

Learn more about "Ranking of local results on Google"

And study this great article provided by MOZ 
Here are two more great articles linked: http://localu.org/?s=knowledge+panel

Should also say the deleted personal profil isn't anyhow affecting the ranking issue for the local verified G+ page of your novia

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you @Helmut G,

One last remark/question,
you are right when it comes to "Pozuelo de Alarcon", that is the official name, but here in this part, people call this area Pozuelo (even on the signs when driving on the highway it will say "Pozuelo" and not "Pozuelo de Alarcon".

It would be much better for our website if the business showed up with [search key] Pozuelo.
I will look at the material in the links and hopefully I will find the solution to this issue. For now, thank you very much and a good evening.

Dave
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author D D
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I agree with you it would be better if to find for just "pozuelo".

The only recommendation I can give you is following the links I already provided. (believe the links somehow also include using scheme.org to send good signals to Google for your preferred keywords) Saludos