My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business continues to show up on google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Green Pro Lawn Service

480 West Lackey Farm Road, Stony Point N.C. 28678

704-495-5637

https://plus.google.com/b/111214549420340615905/+GreenProLawnServiceStonyPoint/posts/p/pub?gmbpt=tru...

My business only provides service to the customers at their location. I checked that box on google my business for that option and i put in the areas that i provide business too. I also left the box unchecked that says i also provide my service to people at my address. But my business address still continues to pop up on google maps. And i made my business profile probably a year ago and its still continues to do it. What do i need to do to keep my address from showing on google maps? Or is it suppose to do that?    

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business continues to show up on google maps

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It looks like it's set correctly to me at least. Looking at your profile it publicly says that your address is Stony Point, NC 28678 (no house number or street name). If you click down below, it shows your map location like this. Notice how there's no pin anywhere, it's just a big red outline of your service area. That means you've set it up correctly. 

Where is it exactly you're seeing your full address being listed still? There are still ways for people to visibly see your address, but they're pretty hidden, and not widely known. Your actual hidden address also matters too, since you'll show in a Google search with more frequency for people who are closer to your physical location, but for all intents and purposes your address is hidden properly. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Taylor S

This is what I see when I search for your business:

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 6.19.08 AM.png

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thank you. I think I confused my self. When I was editing my buisness info and I was under address it kept showing the red pointer on the location of the business. So I automatically thought it was showing the physical address on google.