My Business
6K members online now
6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i would like to know how to put more than one categories  to a business  because i have about 5 category all in one location.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave B
December 2016

Business category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave

Google's guidelines recommend minimising your categories and keeping them as high level as possible but if you wish to add more than one category you can do so in your GM dashboard.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave B
December 2016

Business category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave

Google's guidelines recommend minimising your categories and keeping them as high level as possible but if you wish to add more than one category you can do so in your GM dashboard.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Business category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot add something as simple as "Auto Sales" in category. All of the other auto sales businesses in our town show up in that category, but it will not even appear as an option. When I type it in it says, "invalid input."

Business category

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Advantage S

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And consider using "Car dealer" instead of "auto sales"