My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business category missing - unfair competitive advantage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am adding and verifying a new bail bonds company in Las Vegas - omitting the details, as it's not yet verified and published. However, I've come across a very unpleasant situation of a correct category missing, BUT it was for my competitors. If you search for "bail bonds in Las Vegas" or any other city you will see the bail bonds listings under "Bail Bonds Service" category which is very logical an makes sense. However, this particular category is not available NOW. So, the closest I can choose is "Debt Management" which is not even a close call. I think we will all agree correct category is pivotal to local rankings.

Please help! Thanks in advance,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could any gurus please respond? Thanks!!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Marina, 

Sorry no one saw this earlier, there's a pretty big backlog of questions and only so many volunteers answering. 

Bail Bonds Services is definitely a category available in the US. Are you personally in las Vegas? Is it possible Google thinks you're in another country? If it's definitely not showing and the computer you're setting the account up on is definitely in America, I'll try escalating and see if it's a bug that's preventing you from seeing the appropriate category. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.