My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business catagory too broad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a "Pest Control Company" but I specifically target bed bugs and nothing else. How do I add "bed bug" (or variations) in my business profile so that I do not come up under generic Pest Control? There are other companies that do what I do and I cannot find them under "pest control/exterminator" but I do find these other companies when I search for bed bug exterminator.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business catagory too broad.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Philip T,

Are you referring to Google AdWords? 

If so, you would use variations of keywords to target bed bugs and negative keywords to not show for those listings. But, it sounds like you are asking about a Google My Business listing or another Google product?

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Business catagory too broad.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am referring to "Google my business". It took me a while to find this thread again in order to respond. Do I need to incorporate AdWords or can I "fine tune" the general category in order for my business to be located for the specific business focus?

Note: A Community Manager has moved this topic to the Google My Business (GMB) Community, from the AdWords Community in which it was originally posted. The URL for the topic remains the same, so it should be easily found.