My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business appears in search, not on map.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, When I search for a wedding officiant in Greenville, SC my business is showing on google (left side of photo below) but not on the map (right side of the photo below) with a little balloon indicator showing where I am located.   I have a google plus page that has been verified (for years).   My website is WeddingWoman.net, name Brenda Owen Wedding Officiant.  Thank you in advance for your help.  

Google searchGoogle search

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brenda M O
December 2016

Re: Business appears in search, not on map.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brenda, 

Those little balloons show where a business is located. Since you have your address hidden, those location pins don't show up.

Generally, those map pins are going to be more of a deciding factor in industries where the customer is actively looking for businesses near their location. Auto mechanics, and so on. Plumbers, photographers, and other industries that aren't so tied to location probably won't have as many people paying attention to the map, I wouldn't worry about not getting a pin. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That makes perfect sense.  Thank you, James!!! ♥   Brenda http://WeddingWoman.net  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.. ii got the problem same, my location is not show on the map, but when i search on map, there is list my business, but not show RUTE and show on the map , what i can do.. any body help me? thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James!

How many time i need to get a pin usually? I created a fastfood restaurant business in the map 2 weeks ago, and i don't see the pin actually. I want to get people to know checking from my place to facebbok and from other sites.

Could you help me with some general information about this?

Have a nice day!

Daniel

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Daniel, 

can you create a new thread to start your question? It'll keeps things much more well organized. When you post, make sure you include your business name, address, and phone number so I can take a look and see what's wrong. 

In general though, you should be able to create a new listing, verify it with the verification postcard, and then you'll start seeing it when you type in your business name. You'll start seeing it appear for more general searches too as your business becomes more well known. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.