My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business address is incorrect, yet it won't let me change it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bonita Hair & Beauty
Les Ormes Golf & Leisure Centre, Mont a la Brune, St Brelade, Jersey, Channel Islands, JE3 8FL

01534 720081

PLEASE HELP! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!
Hello, 

I have tried so many times to edit the current address for the business as it is incorrect and also is on the map in the incorrect place!! Every time I add in the correct address or change the pointer on the map it will not allow me to save the details as it says it can't be found! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business address is incorrect, yet it won't let me change it

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jessica G

you business page seems not yet claimed and verified

Please go to https://www.google.je/search?q=bonita%20hair%20beauty%20jersey&rct=j and click right side the link "Claim this business" - follow up the offered steps then

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
I have already done this, and it lets me on to change other details just not the actual address/map pointer!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not very up on my non-US geography and postal code, but it looks to me like you're right, and Google has no idea where "Mont a la Brune, St Brelade, Jersey, Channel Islands, JE3 8FL 01534 720081" even is. 

What I would suggest, is going to the map maker help forum, and posting that you're having trouble setting up your GMB profile since Google doesn't understand your address, and that you want help figuring out how to fix that. Here's that help forum:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker

Once Google knows where that is, you should be able to set your address to the right location. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jessica G

I doubt the advise @james w gave will much help as Jersey as a crown territory of the Queen but not belonging to the UK   is available in  GMB but not supported in MapMaker.

But you can try James's advise of course.

The other option would be trying  to use any address GMaps knows or understand for your business.

Please let me (and James) understand  where your business is located in reality:

Go to GMaps and drag and zoom the map to your location (zooming in as high as possible)

Then apply a rightclick and "What's here?"

Grab then the shown coordinates from bottom the map posting them to here.

T

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Woah, good to know, thanks @Helmut Geissler. I'll remember that for next time. Is there a way to find out if a business owner's location isn't in a place that's supported by map maker? 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi James, this list shows the countries where Map Maker is currently available: https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/155415?hl=en&ref_topic=1093469

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

haha @PriyaC & @james w

the crux is that I doubt this list will ever contain such "special territories" (not being "own" countries despite of MapMaker seem showing the attribute "Country" for them) as the Channel Island or the Isle of Man,  the Falklands (UK tied - but not part of the UK ) Guam and other  Pacific territories of the Us or Niue (tied to NZ)  etc etc 

But nobody knows ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

The business is located on a resort called Les Ormes. The actual salon is located in the same building as Lacerta Bar & Restaurant!

I did try and use the same address as the above businesses already on Google,but by the end it didn’t even let me change anything!

Hope you can help!

Thank You
Jessica

Jessica Gouveia

Bonita Hair & Beauty
Les Ormes, St Brelade, Jersey

Tel: 01534 720081 Mob: 07829702522 Email:jessica@bonitahairandbeauty.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bonitahairbeauty & www.facebook.com/jessicagatbonitabeauty

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not sure the image came up... The location coordinates are..... 49.201787, -2.203717 St Brelade Jersey