My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business address in UK but trade in USA, will this negatively effect SEO on google.com?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business office is in the UK but we sell our products in the USA. We have a .com website and have registered it as a United States website. However, I have just followed the process of "Google My Business", as we have no office in the US I had to state the business address as UK. I am concerned google will assume our business is UK based and therefore have a negative impact on our google.com rankings in America.

Does anyone know for certain whether my fear is justified or the fact I have previously stated the website is United States based will overcome the perceived problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business address in UK but trade in USA, will this negatively effect SEO on google.com?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Adrian G

since GoogleMyBusiness is not about products a business sells but about the businesss and where it is facing their customers I would guess your business isn't eligible for a local page.

Perhaps you should consider creating  a brand page instead of a local page for the UK