My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business address discrepancies on Google+ & Google Maps - Ireland

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

First post on here. We have a verified business account set up in which the address details have been edited correctly, however an incorrect address is still appearing in Google Maps and Google+. The problem seems to arise from a duplicate road name located elsewhere in the city. I am at a loss as to how to correct this error and I would appreciate any suggestions...

Our business details are as follows:

Name: Burgess Galvin Ltd

Address: Jamestown Road, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland

Tel: 00353-1-834 2255

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/102587780466078895477

The rogue address that keeps appearing in Maps & Google+ is "Jamestown Road, Finglas, Inchicore, Dublin 11" - there is a duplicate Jamestown Road in Inchicore, Dublin 8, however Inchicore is a completely different part of the city and quite distinct from the Finglas area where our business is located!

Snapshots of the relevant pages are given below. Thanks in advance for your help. Kind regards, Paul Sweeney

BG address error 1.jpgBG address error 2.jpgBG address error 3 - address edit.jpgBG address error 4 - google+ page.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business address discrepancies on Google+ & Google Maps - Ireland

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi

I'm not able to find this rogue listing through my own search - are you able to provide the actual Maps listing here please?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your reply.

I think this is the map listing: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Burgess+Galvin/@53.397993,-6.2944087,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670cf4...

Here also is a screen print of the map listing:

BG address error 5 - map listing.jpg

I find that when I first select the business on Google Maps the address shows correctly. However if for example I input directions then click to go back to the listing, the address has changed and 'Inchicore' appears as part of the address. 

Thanks, Paul

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Paul

Thanks for the additional information. I'm not able to find an 'Inchicore' address at all though - so it may be a cached version that you are seeing.

I'd recommend trying the searches in an incognito / private browser window to see if you can still see this rogue address at all. If you can, then I'll see if my Community Manager can help at all.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog