My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Verified 3/4/17 Can not find my business on google search

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

My business was verified 3/4/17 . I am unable to find the listing on Google when doing a catagory search.  Example, Stump Grinders near Hertford N.C..  My list does not appear. The only way I can find it is to search the business name directly.

RJ Hilts and Son Stump Grinding

413 Whitehat Road

Hertford,   N.C. 27944 

252-333-7876

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I found this listing with a different name at the same address and phone number - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Hilts+Custom+Rifles/@36.159791,-76.370612,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0...

This is likely causing some ranking issues. Can you tell mw about that listing/business?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

N/A
# 3
N/A

Hi Colan,

The Stump Grinding business is a secondary business that was established to help my son that was in the tree business.  I own all the equipment. My son lives about 8 houses down from me on the same road.  Would it be beneficial to use his address rather than mine as he does all the work in the field.? Would that eliviate all the confusion on google?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It likely​ would​, yes. But what's just​ as important is a unique​ phone​ number​. The​ address​ just​ needs to be the actual​, physical​ location​ of the business​, whatever​ that​ is. 

Also, check out this article​ - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Colan

I have similar issue with my business location, its verified for more than two years now.

Unless some one search for full company name its not showing up as a label on the map.

Company details are below.

Pragmatic Design Solutions Limited(PDSL)

Techno Centre, Coventry University Technology Park

Coventry, CV12TT, UK

www.pdsluk.co.uk

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Kranthi P Please start your own thread so we can keep topics organized. It sounds like you are referring to Place Labels which is a different topic than what the OP was asking about.