My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Page Disabled, but need Transfer of information to new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business page was disabled because our email address was hacked in to.  However, we had many G+ reviews on that account and really need that information transferred over to our new Business Listing that we've set up.  How do we do this?  We can not sign in to the old account because we get https://accounts.google.com/signin/rejected?hl=en&rrk=9&rhlk=do 

Couldn't sign you in

This Google Account has been disabled.

Learn more.

The current listing that we have set up is for http://www.mygracevet.com/

Grace Animal Hospital

902 Lodgeville Road, Bridgeport, WV 26330

304-848-2420

graceah2011@gmail.com

When we try to transfer the listing ownership, we get the account recovery screen:

Someone else has already verified this listing
This listing has already been verified by to…@…. If you own this email address, please follow the Account Recovery help guide. If you still want to add this listing to your account, you can request admin rights from the current verified user. This may take some time.

If you would like to update this listing's information on Google, you can also report a problem, which will be reviewed more quickly.

Which does us no good as that email address is the cancelled email address account.  We are going around in circles and really need this situation resolved.  Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Page Disabled, but need Transfer of information to new account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Farrah A

Yes you must follow the request ownership path ( even though account disabled )

Then contact business support to assist in transferring to new account.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How am I supposed to follow the Request Ownership path when it is sending that request to an email address that is no longer valid and we have no access to?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Farrah A

Follow the request ownership >> send the email >> EVEN if the account no longer exists, because Google needs to see that it has been requested, because this is the account they need to attempt transfer from.

Then contact business support after 7 days.

This is not a trick answer, it is the path to follow before Business support will help.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,
I followed the path, and it ended up sending the request to my husband's e-mail. Apparently, when we opened the business 5 years ago, he signed up for google business, but never did anything with it. I didn't know he did this, and I too did the same with my old disabled account. So, there may have been 2 business accounts set up for our businessl, one of which is a blank canvas, the other with all our info, photos, reviews, etc. It is the latter one that we can no longer access.

A request for ownership transfer was sent to my husband. Here is how he replied:

My wife, Farrah A, set up our google business account under the email address: do....@...com (a gmail account). This account was hacked into and disabled by google several months ago. I had forgotten this, by I think I originally also set up an account with google business for our business, however have not done anything with the account since then, since Farrah was working on it (under her e-mail address). I suspect this is why this email was sent to me. Since her account was disabled, she has been unable to access the google business account and make changes/ transfer to her new email address. I’m not sure if we have 2 separate business accounts, but the one that we need is the one that is under the old do....@....com email address. This is the account that has all the hospital information, photos, and reviews built in. When we now google our business, all of this is hidden.

I logged into google business and added her and the business email (graceah2011@gmail.com) as managers, so that I could transfer ownership over, back to her. However, it does not appear to be the correct business account, since it does not contain any of the information/reviews as noted above. All of this is still listed under the do....@...com email account, which we cannot access. Account recovery is not available.

If you can please advise on how to get this changed, it would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom A
Grace Animal Hospital
(304) 848-2420 main