My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Name with Spaces & Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there :) - I can find my business when I search for "HelpMeIT" within a google search, with proper Google Places / Google My Business results on the right hand side. When I search for "Help Me IT" however, I don't get the same kind of results. Of most concern, is the lack of the Google places / My business pane on the right hand side.  As far as I'm aware, everything I've setup has been created with the spaces in the name (Except the domain of course).

Is anyone able to suggest how I might address such a problem? My Google + and My business account information is setup with "Help Me IT" so far as I am aware.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business Name with Spaces & Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think Google considers this a problem, so I'm unsure you'll get a satisfactory answer here. 

[help me it] is a pretty broad set of keywords. If you expect that to return your brand, it would have to be pretty prominent and top of mind for anyone searching those terms. 

Your best bet is to market that brand as best as you can so that when people search [help me it], the user would expect to see your listing as a result. If your brand doesn't have that name prominence, it is unlikely Google will want to return your listing as a primary result in the knowledge panel.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter