My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business NOT Permanently Closed On Mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
we've been getting attacked on our Google Places listing again.  The logo isn't matching our chosen logo (via google places admin tools), and on Mobile someone suggested that the place is permanently closed.  Now every time you search for "elite chicago limo" on Mobile, it appears as permanently closed with a random picture as our logo.

We are valued Google Adwords customers spending 15-25k/month and all of our ads are sitelinks extended via our Google Places listing.  We value our reviews that we've accumulated over the years of working in the Chicago area, and need to have these issues corrected asap.  

Any Advice? Who do we contact for support?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business NOT Permanently Closed On Mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Its not as yo described it.

This of your snippet is correct reported by you: 

"someone suggested that the place is permanently closed"

But the next snippet "Now every time you search for "elite chicago limo" on Mobile, it appears as permanently closed" is incorrect.

on Mobile after searching your it just informs the facts

"someone suggested this status permantly closed"

see below:

Screenshot_2016-12-15-19-21-27.png

I then confirmed the business is open and next time if searching the bsuiness the message "someone suggested this status permantly closed" doesn't appear for me anymore:

Screenshot_2016-12-15-19-31-46.png

This is an intended behavior of handling user edits or "suggestions" and no support will change it.

An other note:

I can't say much about photos and logos;

But I get on mobile this main photo:

Screenshot_2016-12-15-19-36-22.png

If there is a photo shown up and it's not appropriate oyu can report it.

Here the "how to do"

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6190090?hl=en

Business NOT Permanently Closed On Mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick reply.

If this is an intended feature, it's quite disruptive to standard business practices by design.  We receive 10-20 calls from people a day telling us "we thought this place was closed!?", and can only imagine how many people were dissuaded from calling us or visiting Elite Chicago Limo because of this.  Also, the mobile feature is in bolded orange letters and immediately catches people's attention, and hence makes it a target for spammers or competitors to falsify the report.

As far as the photo goes, it has been scraped by Google itself from another website and we do not have access to this photo, hence we cannot remove it from our dashboard.  Our dashboard's main picture shows our actual logo, entirely different from the photo you are seeing.