My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Listing Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Immigration Advice Service

2. Multiple office locations but first one in question = Oxford House Oxford Row Leeds LS1 3BE

3. 0113 834 6775 

4. https://plus.google.com/u/0/117999711428347787150 

Hi there,

I work on behalf of a client called Immigration Advice Service. 6 weeks ago now all of the office locals we have for the business got suspended. We believe the issue was extra keywords being added to the local pages so we as a result removed them from each of the listings and filed the re-appeal forms as directed to.

The application was filed and after a few weeks we still hadn't received any change in terms of the suspension so I called up your help desk and was told it could take up to 6 weeks and that all they could advise us to do was follow the appeals process, which we had.

It has now been 6 weeks and all of the location pages are still suspended. We ideally need these up and running correctly as soon as possible. We have removed all of the addition keywords now so they should work again so I'm at a loss as to why they're not working.

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen D
January 2017

Re: Business Listing Suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen D

Yep that was certainly a massive naming spam.

The other thing to check is addresses. I noticed a lot were the general address and not the office within, like : Lonsdale House 52 Blucher Street Birmingham B1 1QU, well with 144 other businesses using that address, it would be beneficial to add the office or floor.

52 Blucher Street, Suite 1, Birmingham B1 1QU >> for example.

The next thing, is the tel numbers listed on the business page, not match the tel number on the office location landing page.

And lastly if any one of the addresses is associated with Virtual office space, it could be triggering all of them to be suspended.  So again make sure you list the exact individual address ( 3rd floor or Suite 20 ).

6 weeks I believe is to long.

Please use this reinstatement link:

https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1

Let me know if you have not heard back in the next 7 days.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen D
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen D

Yep that was certainly a massive naming spam.

The other thing to check is addresses. I noticed a lot were the general address and not the office within, like : Lonsdale House 52 Blucher Street Birmingham B1 1QU, well with 144 other businesses using that address, it would be beneficial to add the office or floor.

52 Blucher Street, Suite 1, Birmingham B1 1QU >> for example.

The next thing, is the tel numbers listed on the business page, not match the tel number on the office location landing page.

And lastly if any one of the addresses is associated with Virtual office space, it could be triggering all of them to be suspended.  So again make sure you list the exact individual address ( 3rd floor or Suite 20 ).

6 weeks I believe is to long.

Please use this reinstatement link:

https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1

Let me know if you have not heard back in the next 7 days.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Thank you for getting back to me, appreciate the help.

In terms of more accurate addresses, I can definitely look to implement that as I see what you mean, so I'll try that first. 

None of the addresses listed are in fact virtual addresses, they are all actual locations so that shouldn't be causing the suspension.

Re your numbers point > IAS actually use dynamic numbers to allow us to track visitors, which is why the numbers don't match up. Are you aware of this causing any problems with other sites? As the actual numbers that are used on the GMB pages are in the coding, unless Google is viewing it as a consumer, I wouldn't have thought this would cause an issue. Do you have any experience with this?

It's been frustrating that it's taken so long and we've had no direction other than to follow the reinstatement process, which as mentioned we've done.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Thanks again,

Stephen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen D

The reason I mentioned the number, is because I was looking for potential reasons why pages were potentially suspended. If a human reviewed the account and found the inconsistencies, it may have added to the problem, not the whole problem.

I certainly think it was the naming but you should update addresses then apply for reinstatement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper

Thank for this. 

We're still experiencing suspensions across the board.

I have experimented with the Leeds and more recently the London office.

My most recent attempt, I removed the dynamic number for the London GMB page. The google plus page is: https://plus.google.com/+ImmigrationAdviceServiceLondon 

The listing is still suspended for this however, the address is accurate. The keywords have been removed. The numbers match up. Everything is seemingly correct. I have applied for reinstatement but it still remains suspended. I did the first time I tried it, get a response saying that the Google plus page didn't work... even though it does... and also that they couldn't locate it through the email. My email works but for coverage, I also provided another 2 that work so I'm at a complete loss as to why they're still suspended. I applied again after this and I've heard nothing...

It has now easily been 3 months and I've received no direction from Google. Do you know if this has been happening a lot?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen D

The spam team will not reinstate the account because of the multiple issues.

You can either contact support:

How to Contact Google Business Support

Or apply for reinstatement: