My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Listing PLEASE HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two offices, our Head Office in London and 2nd office in Abingdon Oxfordshire.

When searching for slow dating on google - our London HQ office doesn't appear above the Abingdon office... Please can someone let me know why this may be and how we can change it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Listing PLEASE HELP

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please provide the NAP details of both locations

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our Google plus page is at

https://plus.google.com/+slowdating

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Carl

The link you've provided goes to a Brand page and it will never show outside of Google+ search results.

Looking at your business model - do you have clients come to the office at London (or Abingdon) during the stated business hours?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Slow Dating has two offices:_
26 Dover Street, London W1S 4LY is our HQ
7 Nuffield Way, Abingdon OX14 1RL is a back office

The Abingdon office gets listed above our HQ
How do we get our HQ listed first?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
26 Dover Street, London W1S 4LY is our HQ
7 Nuffield Way, Abingdon OX14 1RL is a back office

When you search for "Slow Dating" on Google, and Google Maps, Google Places, the Abingdon office gets listed above our HQ. How do we get our HQ listed first?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Priya - I provided our Google + brand page in answer to a question. Thats a red herring really. We want our London office listed first in Google and Google Maps.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
HI Carl

No worries! Ok, so there's a bit going on here.

Firstly looking at your business model, I'm betting customers don't come to either location at all, is that right? If so, then you need to remove the full address from both those pages, by editing the address in the dashboard. The checkbox next to 'i also serve customers at my business address' needs to be unchecked.

Then, the matter of which address comes up first. Google's own guidelines (https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en) state it's a matter of:
Relevance
Distance
Prominence

In your case, it could also be a matter of trust - Google apparently believes the London office is not as relevant to searchers as the Abingdon office.

My suggestions:
1. Remove the full address as discussed above for both locations from the GMB listing
2. Build up the citations (online mentions) of your London business
3. Use Schema to mark up your London address on your website
4. Separate the two locations from your contact us page - have just the London one there, and then the Abingdon one on another page.
5. Remove 'head office' from the Abingdon office description

Ultimately, remember though that Google will always show what it considers to be the best result for a searcher - so someone who is physically closer to the Abingdon office may still get that result first, regardless of my suggestions above.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
+1 to Priya's suggestions.