My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Listing Owner v Business Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am representing a client's online presence, including ownership and management of the Google business listing. The business owner does not know who owns the listing. I have requested ownership of the business listing on the owner's behalf so I can transfer it to them and keep getting emails from Google stating that the Business listing owner does not recognize me and has turned down my request and then goes on to tell me to resole the issue with the business owner. After 6 emails and 3 phone calls, I can't seem to get the Google rep to understand that the Business owner is not the business listing owner. Shouldn't the Business owner be contacted about the transfer of the business listing? It seems to me with the responses I have gotten from Google that the Business listing owner is holding the listing hostage from the business owner. I feel like I am going in circles.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Listing Owner v Business Owner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @LIADS

I would suggest using the business owners actual email address, then at least when there is a response, the business owner has an idea who it may be and or use as proof with business support.

Please get the actual owner to request ownership.Then the owner should contact business support, because business support will need to verify that the owner is the owner.

After that if you are still stuck, reply to this and we will then have to get all the details and ask for someone to check whats going on.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Business Listing Owner v Business Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The business owner does not want to deal with it, which is why she hired our company to build her a website and at no additional cost, obtain ownership of her G+ page so that I can transfer ownership or management to her with minimal involvement on her end. Can I add more than 1 email address when trying to claim a business listing?