4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Listing Not on Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business name used to show up on our business when looking at a map view of the area.  It does not show up any longer.  It will show up if you search for the business name or the address but if you are looking at the map without a direct search you can see the Transmission shop on one side of us and the Fitness place on the other.  Any suggestions?

L & L Construction, Inc.

11900 S. 33rd West Avenue

Sapulpa, OK  74066

(918) 299-2600

landlconstruction.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hank J
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you talking about a place label? Unfortunately those are algorithmically generated. There's no way that I've ever heard to guarantee which businesses will or won't get one. It's a mix of popularity, authority, and who knows what else... it's not something you can influence directly. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response.  You are exactly correct, I just did not know the name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately my competition ALWAYS shows up on the map, and yes you can influence directly  ,  if you pay more, and something to do with algorithmically generated , authority....

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yes, you probably can influence place labels. They generate them somehow after all. I've never seen anyone successfully influence them though, beyond just 'get popular, have high foot traffic, etc.' I've never once heard of a business not having a place label, and then upping their adwords spend and suddenly getting one. That's not how it works. If your competition is there, it's not because they're paying to be there. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James , it did mention something along the lines of the amount you spend, in my ad word account. but i have NO little house label like everyone else who advertises. so, i will up the amount. papa always said "if your not on the map!" and it is a relatively new account so maybe it just takes time too... 

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Listen to me, paying more on adwords WILL NOT get you a place label. Spending on adwords may be a very wise investment from a purely direct response, return on investment marketing perspective, but it has nothing to do with place labels. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, .. thanks, .. My address is a PO, maybe i need a solid address, will add city name to my web site more... thank you much James..

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Silver, 

Using a PO box is against Google TOS. You shouldn't even have a verified Google My Business profile with a PO box listed as the address, those usually get caught in the spam filter. If you'd like to know a little bit about what all actually goes into local SEO and how to promote your business in a white-hat, sustainable way, Moz's 2017 local ranking factors gives a good bird's eye view to get started with. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will look into that thanks . Maybe i am verified because many of the homes/bussiness here do not have mail serve and get there mail at the PO. thanks 

Experts in the Topic
james w