My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Listing Appearing Wrong - No Solution In Sight

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Has anyone had any success with getting their name corrected within the Google Knowledge Panel? I have been receiving the following email (shown below) for nearly a year. I have multiple email chains, multiple case numbers, yet unfortunately no answers. 

-Begin Email-

Thank you for contacting Google My Business support. 

After investigating your problem, we've found that it is being caused by a technical issue and our engineers are pursuing a resolution. At this time, they do not have an estimate on when the issue will be resolved, but please know that they are actively working on improving the Google Maps and Google+ Local experience for our users.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to respond to this email for any updates - it'll come straight back to me!
You may receive an email survey regarding your interaction with GMB support. We value your feedback in improving customer experience.

Regards,
Akshay
-End Email-

I understand there is an issue, but how can you simply continue to send updates saying there is no estimated time for a solution? This email has been recycled to me for almost 12 months. Occasionally, I'm given a gift of hearing how my situation has been "escalated," yet nothing ever comes of this "escalation." I've received this email so many times, there is no way there are that many teams that oversee eachother.

Anything out of the ordinary in which I can get something like this resolved?

Thanks,  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

how can you imaging getting help not providing appropriate information to  investigate and escalate?

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not here looking for someone to dig in deeper in to my specific issue. I'm on here curious if anyone has ever gotten the response email that I listed above, and if so - what ever came of it. There was a reason why I left all the actual details out of the mix, and only listed the email. 

Thanks,