My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Hours vs. Call Center Hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My call center hours are M-F 8am-8pm while the actual class hours and times that the physical location is open vary - which hours do I use on GMB? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Caitilin,

Please go through the hours section in the Google my business guidelines.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3039617?hl=en

As per the guidelines, Add the hours that your business is open. These are your regular customer-facing hours of operation for a typical week. For days when you have unusual hours, like holidays or special events, set special hoursLearn more about hours guidelines

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Depending on your industry, Google's Guidelines may have something specific to say as well:

Multiple sets of hours

If your business has multiple sets of hours, refer to these guidelines for particular industries:

• Banks: Use lobby hours if possible. Otherwise, use drive-through hours. An ATM attached to a bank can use its own separate listing with its own, different hours.
  • Car dealerships: Use car sales hours. If hours for new car sales and pre-owned car sales differ, use the new sales hours.
  • Gas stations: Use the hours for your gas pumps.
  • Restaurants: Use the hours when diners can sit down and dine in your restaurant. Otherwise, use takeout hours. If neither of those is possible, use drive-through hours, or, as a last resort, delivery hours.
  • Storage facilities: Use office hours. Otherwise, use front gate hours.

If your address is showing, you should have the hours where people can drop in. If you have the call center hours posted and someone arrives on location to find no one there, you can imagine how that looks. You'll likely need to use your walk-in hours, and post your calling hours separately on the website (Google itself only allows one set of hours). 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.