My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Hours Keep changing after I fix them

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep running into the same issue, I change my business' South Bay Toyota's hours and a week or so later, maybe less, they switch to something completely off base. We have changed our hours multiple times but it doesn't seem to stick very long and we're losing customers because they think we are closed when in fact we are open m-sat 8:30Am-9pm and Sunday 10AM-9PM. I just updated our hours again and everything looks fine now but I feel it's only a matter of time before it goes awry again.

Here is the link: https://www.google.com/search?q=South%20Bay%20Toyota%2018416%20South%20Western%20Avenue%20Gardena&lu...

Google+ : https://plus.google.com/+SouthBayToyotaandScion/posts

Can someone please help?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Hours Keep changing after I fix them

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Usually that happens because Google finds hours that it "trusts" more than the hours you give them. What do they change it to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It says we are closed 6 days out of the week and we are an auto-dealer.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The other possibility (that I have seen happen) is that Google's scraper is for some reason misreading your hours. You might try marking them up in Schema.org and see if that solves the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I don't have anyone on staff that knows Schema. I feel like this is an issue that a Google tech should address because I have read through forums and see I am not the only one experiencing this. It is causing my client to lose business. Does anyone know where I can actually get in touch with a google tech in real time?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

1- You can reach out to Google support and have them contact you. From within the GMB dashboard select support from the left most menu and you will be given an opportunity to have them call you.

Screenshot 2016-07-26 17.14.16.png

2- I would however add that if it is costing you money, waiting for an organization the size of Google to worry about you seems to me to be less than proactive. I would calculate the cost of google misrepresenting your hours, take that money and hire a programmer to add schema to your site. 

Business Listing Hours on Google Search Are Wrong

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know this isn't the right forum but we spend a good amount of money on Adwords every month and I need a google rep to contact me and help me fix this problem. I called Google support 10 times and every time they say they will fix it but a few days later my business hours are wrong. Today I waited 30 min on hold and had a very rude rep hang up on me when i politely asked to speak to his supervisor because they would not help me with my issue. I need this resolved, we are losing business because people search for South Bay Toyota and it says we are closed...

NOTE: this post, essentially a duplicate, has been moved from the AdWords Community to the Google My Business Community, and merged with the previous thread on the same subject.

Re: Business Listing Hours on Google Search Are Wrong

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello South B,

I imagine it can feel frustrating not being helped when you are spending money on your account.

This is actually a simple fix that you can perform yourself if you have login credentials for your google my business page. First visit business.google.com with your google account that has permission to access the google my business page.

Second, select manage on the location you wish to adjust the hours for. Then click edit and you can scroll down and click the pencil icon to change the business hours. You can even set "special hours" for holidays or things like that.

Hope that helps and please rate my comment thanks!

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nick,

I appreciate your trying to help but I know how to edit my Google hours and the fix is not as simple as that. In fact I have had to edit my hours over 20 times now in the exact manner you have described and Google still changes them back. My page is verified and my hours match my official website so I am unsure why this is happening. It has been suggested by some google support reps (none of which has fixed this problem or followed up) that there is a bug in the system. I need someone at Google to fix this for me as there is nothing I can do on my end that will consistently work.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Please proved your business name, actual hours and the URL for your listing and we can take a look.