My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Google Review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have customers trying to write google reviews and it is not allowing them to.   It's been doing it for months.  We have had people outside the company try on Iphones, Samsung Phones, Tablets, Desktops etc.   Not working.

Any other suggestions?  We really have had a number of people willing to write a review since we have new ownership, and we have to turn them away because the feature is not working.

It just keeps spinning.  

Company: Bice Rentals Illinois

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Google Review

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Katie K

ist it this business https://goo.gl/maps/XTfc4948Rvv

And if so:

do you agree I write a test review?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Helmut, I had Katie come here from Websearch - I had the same situation attempting to get her review page to open up to write a review, and it just spun ( Google.com from Virginia) it did appear I could write a review on mobile android, but not in Chrome, or Firefox, under two different logins and cleared cache.

TC- Websearch

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Eric Gehler

There is no such think as a "review page to open" for a buisness to get reviews from customers or clients.

But there is such a "page" (better a tab) to write reveiws AS the BUSINESS for other businesses)

About what business not able to get reviews are you Eric talking about - since @Katie K  didn't yet answer on my offer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So we have tried to write a test review and when you find the business on google search, click on write a review, all it does is spin. Never gives you the option to rate or write an review. It's like it is frozen on the six reviews that are on there.

We have had customers that have called wanting to write a review about a department of ours and they are running into the same issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure if you want to test.

I have tested on my own personal google account
Chrome, Explorer
Iphone
Android Phone
Tablet

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Helmut,
When you Google her Business Name,as if you were a customer, the Knowledge Graph shows up on the right side of the search results with the maps listings information - there is the BOX to click Write a Review. Once you click that Box, all you get is the Spinning Google Ball ( ie Browser thinking that never goes away or connects) instead of the page or Pop-up that normally opens in which once could Write a REVIEW.

Go head and attempt it from your .DE, the .com doesn't work. You can always delete your review.
Will attempt to Add image.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Katie K

at first:

you never should write for your own business a review and I don't know how you tried it

I however was able to write a review for this business:

Here we go showing it:

Screenshot 2015-12-11 at 10.35.37.png

I will btw delete it in a couple of days as I did not hire a bike from you

A Supplement for @Eric Gehler:

I wrote the review through this URL 

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Bice+Rentals/@42.3921339,-89.0149008,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x8808a499...

But to check I can write if from google.com too I asked my twin to post an other reveiw of his bad experience.

He did using https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bice+Rentals/@42.3921339,-89.0149008,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x8808a49...

and now our both reveiws are visible:

Screenshot 2015-12-11 at 11.06.40.png

Both reviews will deleted next week - promised!

Have a nice weekend

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
The Spinning Ball has now disappeared as well, and the ability to click Write a Review from the Knowledge Graph link now pops up the rate and write review. So Looks like this has been resolved.

Thanks for your Help and input Helmut. "Danke"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah we got it figured out last night walking through with a rep.

For future reference if the account isn't fully validated it shuts it down. Once we were able to recover the email address and password for the account, we updated the information and now it's live.

If you could remove your reviews.

Thanks