My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Claiming My Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We run a locksmiths business in Edinburgh (Edinburgh Lock Centre) which is an actual store front business where our customers can come into our store and we are available 24/7. 1 of our competitors have created a maps listing that claims to be operating from our address. 

Google said that they can't do anything because when they called the telephone number (on their listing) they confirmed they were operating from my store front. (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Edinburgh+Locksmiths/@55.9333013,-3.1866604,15z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m...).

I can provide utility bills and proof that I am at this address and they can't, yet they can set up a fake listing and damage my business.

To add insult to injury, they have tried to sell me the listing on numerous occasions

Any help would be most appreciated

Dave Lyall

optimizescotland@gmail.com

Edinburgh Lock Centre, 78 Ratcliffe Terrace, Edinburgh, EH9 1ST. Phone: 0131 667 9071. Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/111916188954432147492/+Edinburghlockcentre-24hr-Locksmiths/about?gmbpt=tru...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Claiming My Address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alan R

there are indeed two listings (both verified) t the mentioned address:

- "Edinburgh Lock Centre

- "Edinburgh Locksmiths Centre"

which one belons to the scammer?

ANd can you provide few fotos showing there is one business only with a store front at the address and its your business?

I would then try escalationg the matter - requesting to get the scammer  taken down.

Not sure I can achieve it  - but will try.

No hurry to get the photos since I can reach out Google not before Monday evening German time anyway.

Good luck