My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Category is not listed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My business is in the Bahamas and I am trying to get setup with "Google My Business"

The category needed to proceed is no where to be found and there aren't any close options.

I need the category Mobile Hotspot Rental Service or Mobile Hotspot Service.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hotspot

Downtown

Nassau, Bahamas

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Downtown+Nassau,+Nassau,+The+Bahamas/@25.0784652,-77.3369426,15z/d...

www.bahahotspot.com

Thank you,

Shamar Sands

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Often there is not an exact match to companies. Here is a post with a link to see what is available. Get as close as you can then on your website make sure all your local data is on the website and explain in detail what your service is. Having the same Name Address Phone information on your website is absolutely critical, especially marked up with schema.org so your website speaks the same language as Googlebot.  More information on schema techniques are in this article and they also have a link to all possible schema options are. You will not find an exact match but pick the best you can and optimize your picture data and description.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Business Category is not listed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply but they don't have anything close to Mobile Hotspot Rental. Can't the category be added?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

They used to let you add categories that were not listed. Now based on my log in you can only put in what is in the drop down list. So add a couple that is as close as possible. So a new category added by you will not work based on what I know, sorry.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @David W Cox

never mind and never more link the very old thread you linked here to help in good mind user @Shamar S

This old thread is outdated and I will delete or edit the deprecated links in it soon.

Actuallly such a list of all categories is available for API users only.

@Shamar S

use  for your listing "internet service provider"  

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

OK, I did not realize that was not public knowledge. Sorry, I stand corrected. I did not want to make the selection for @Shamar S but give him enough information to do it himself so he would be comfortable with it and know the options are limited so that very specific niche can not be called out.