My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Broker Category Restriction?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Calhoun Companies

2. 7600 Parklawn Avenue #225 Minneapolis MN 55435

3. (952) 831-3300

4. https://plus.google.com/115294695126494804258/about

For some reason even though we have over 100 years in the business, we are unable to utilize the category of Business Broker - even though our competitors are able to use that category. I called and was told that Business Broker was no longer a category and they would take it under consideration of adding it - but how can that be when others have that category currently?

I believe this category issue has had a direct effect on my presence in the maps pack - or lack there of now. Used to show up for business broker minneapolis no issues. Now I don't.

Please help.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Broker Category Restriction?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Cecilia H,

Are you trying to show up in a search for the term "business broker," add it as a category to your Google My Business listing, or both? If you're just looking for the category side, I'd recommend this article. For the ranking side, I'd recommend this article.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz
Thanks for the response. Sorry I was not more clear. This business is a business broker. They facilitate the buying and selling of businesses. The business broker as a category is the most accurate and fitting description of the business as per the Google guidelines - and well..logic. There are other competitors who offer the same service, and their category listed is Business Broker - however I am not able to get that Category option. That is the problem. The categories open at this point are somewhat vague and broad. It seems the competitors have an unfair advantage due to their category that is more accurate.
Thanks
Cecilia

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Cecilia,

I understand now, thanks for the clarification! I looked in the back end of your listing, and I wasn't able to add the category either--it seemed to be unavailable for your listing for some reason. I'm checking in with a few folks who I think can help here. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them with what they think is going on.

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz
Sorry to be a pain but was there any update on this?
Thank you!
Cecilia

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Cecilia,

Unfortunately, no solid updates, but in the past few days the team did let me know that they're working on it. We don't have a firm ETA, though.

Best,
Liz