My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Address vs. Mailing Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get a local hotel verified on Google+ and Google Maps and have requested a verification code. The problem is that our mailing address is different than our actual address. The town is extremely small and routes all local mail to the local post office, i.e. our mailing address. 

How do I go about verifying the business when the actual address (to receive the verification code) is different then where we can receive mail. Also, the mailing verification is the only option I am given. 

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Business Address vs. Mailing Address

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
it doesn't matter Alexandra

Request at first a PIN and if you don't get it delivered then contact business support.
Not vice versa!

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmm this is a very difficult situation but a good one to figure out! So if it was addressed to the hotel, where would it end up? Would it still arrive at the local post office? If so, I would advise that you stick to using your hotel address and keep you fingers crossed that it arrives.

I guess the only other advice I could give is to call Google My Business support and explain the situation. It would be really interesting to hear the outcome of this so please do let us know.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
bit contradicting Ryan YOu have to specify and request to get the PIN send at first to the street address where your hotel is located. This is the goal of the entire GMB verification procedure: getting confirmed the business is in fact located as specified. Only in case the PIN Letter doesn't arrive you can try contacting business support

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I do totally agree that the goal is to verify the location but if no one physically deliverys mail to the hotel, where are they supposed to address it to? & there is no point addressing it to the post office as the hotel is not located there and simply deliverys a bad user experience.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ryan and Helmut --

If it were addressed to the hotels main address, it would be sent back by the post office. They will not hand over animal that is directed at our street address. Only the mailing.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
it doesn't matter Alexandra

Request at first a PIN and if you don't get it delivered then contact business support.
Not vice versa!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have requested a pin. It's bee 3 or 4 weeks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That means it been more than 2 weeks so now you can call GMB support and they can see it has been 2 weeks, they should then manually verify it for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am in the same exact situation. I live in a small mountain town and mail is only delivered to our PO Boxes. What ended up happening with this case?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
still the same advice as given 4 weeks ago to Alexandra