My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Business Address not updating in Google Maps?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Full business name: Nologo Studios

Current business address: Block C, Ground Floor, Essex Park, 46 Essex Terrace, Westville, 3629

Current telephone number: +27 31 266 0245

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/115322882982427281527

Hi 

Our business recently moved to a new office, and I'm not quite sure how best to tell Google this.

I did a Google search for our company and edited the address in the company profile which shows up on the right-hand side of the results page, but this seems to have only resulted in our business being listed as permanently closed.

When I go to our GMB profile, our location is marked as permanently closed and the Google maps marker is still where our offices used to be, even though the updated address is listed underneath. Do I need to add a new location in our GMB page?

Thanks

@PriyaC

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Address not updating in Google Maps?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Regan

Thanks for posting here.

There's two steps you need to take here:
1. Mark the business as open from inside your dashboard (business.google.com)
2. Move the map marker to the appropriate spot, again from within the dashboard.

I'm assuming your old address was
6 Acacia Ave, Westville, 3630, South Africa?

At least that is the other location that I found earlier when we were on Twitter and since it is now unverified and also permanently closed I'm assuming it is the one you've moved from. if it is, then it looks like all will be good once you mark your new location as open.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Priya

Thanks for the reply.

1: How do I mark the business as open? When I go to our company's GMB page I get a message saying "This business can’t be reopened because it seems to have a new location on Google Maps."

2: I'm assuming this is dependent on step 1.

Our old address was 10 Derby Place, Derby Downs, Westville, 3630. The Acacia Ave address was just linked to an old credit card we used for the business.

When I zoom in to where our offices used to be on Google Maps, our business no longer shows up. However, if I search for the business within Google Maps the business shows up and is marked as permanently closed.

Can I not just delete the old location and add a new one? What are the implications of this?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can anyone advise on whether I should simply delete the old location from within the GMB account and add the new one?

When I search for our business now, the company profile does not even show up on the right-hand side of the page, which seems like a step backwards.

@PriyaC - your thoughts?