My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Building Supply Business permanently closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long does it take for google to remove the business page from the search results after I mark it as permanently closed? Right now there is a big ugly red bar across the page that says "permanently closed".  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Building Supply Business permanently closed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @maiken w

It can last forever in theory >>  Google will display it as long as it makes sense to users to know that it is closed.

If you have moved >> then ask business support to "mark as Moved" into the new business listing.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim Capper

My competitors have closed their business page and it was permanently removed instantly (within a day). Yesterday it seemed that google removed the page but I'm appalled to see they put it back up today.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @maiken w

It all depends on the external citations / references and links about the business.

If there are none or very little citations on the web about a business, it tends to disappear immediately or very quickly.

Check ref to your business and reach out for removal. You can also try MapMaker for deletion there.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ho Tim Capper

Thank you for the info - I will try mapmaker too. I called a rep and they say they are checking into the problem. However all the support emails I've sent (4 since last Monday) have been ignored. Hopefully someone will act on the problem.