My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Broken Google places listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had a business listing created for our business on Google places. We have since decided to remove it, but for some reason when we deleted it from the My Business dashboard, the listing stayed live and its now broken and open for anyone to claim it. 

We contact Google my business support, but they were not helpful as usual unfortunately. We also tried mark the business as not existed, but that tuned out to be a waste of time.

Can someone please help us with an advice of removing that broken listing?

Name of the listing is NorthWest Locksmith Spokane

Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broken Google places listing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bob,
Deleting the business from your My Business dashboard does not necessarily deletes it from the Local database, it only tells Google that you no longer wish to manage the business information. The business listing may remain in the Local database if Google decides that the business exists, which seems is what happened in this case.
What was the problem that prompt you to try to remove it?
You might as well claim it again and actively manage it if the business still exists.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Re: Broken Google places listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We decided to remove it because we were disappointed by the way Google handles reviews. 80% of the bad reviews we got there are from former employees who are trying to hurt our business reputation because they got fired. This is really hurting our business and we would like to have that listing removed ASAP. Claiming it again won't help, we just want the listing to be removed.