My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Brand page vs Location page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Color me confused...

I'm trying to setup a brand page and/or location page for my real estate team.  I'm an agent at  KW franchise and the page(s) would be just for my team, not the entire brokerage.

I started with a brand page, then as I was running adwords campaigns i realized my adword campaign was pulling in the contact info from my brokerage instead of my team specific info.  I'm sure this is because we have 50+ Realtors that have individual pages as well as a brokerage page.

Checking into googlemybusiness I realized I somehow had a Location page that was for the office as a whole and a brand page that was for my specific team.    I deleted/disconnected the location page that was for the office and recreated a location page with my specific info.

Now I"m not sure that I should have done so.  Tips?  Suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Brand page vs Location page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark, you can certainly create a brand page to represent the franchise as a whole. You can also have a Local G+ Page for the agency as a whole and each agent can have their own Local G+ Page.

Here's the relevant guideline - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)
An individual practitioner is a public facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents all are individual practitioners. Pages for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated page if:

He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own page.
He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.
A practitioner should not have multiple pages to cover all of his or her specializations.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark, you can certainly create a brand page to represent the franchise as a whole. You can also have a Local G+ Page for the agency as a whole and each agent can have their own Local G+ Page.

Here's the relevant guideline - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)
An individual practitioner is a public facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents all are individual practitioners. Pages for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated page if:

He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own page.
He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.
A practitioner should not have multiple pages to cover all of his or her specializations.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mark W.,

I work with quite a few Real Estate Teams. KW, Re/Max etc.. You basically want to setup a local page for your as the main forward facing "practitioner" for the team. You can do storefront and service area. Btw, using zip codes is the best way to go.

Just make sure to have a different name - Keller Williams - Waldhoff Gard & Associates, address can be the same as the brokerage (with suite number) and your direct line as the telephone number. This also matches the branding on your website.

For the best results, you want a local page, not a brand page.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO