My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Brand Page, local page, google+ google my business!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to be a bit late to this party as links in other similar posts are now out of date so I thought I'd see if there are any new solutions to this problem.

I used to have a business page under Google+ as well as a local listing, I now have a verified business under GMB but the posts section under GMB doesn't have any posts from the G+ page of the business. The page also appears to be called Brand Account.

Is there a way I can get the posts from the G+ page to be under GMB and if so would GMB then become a public page for my social account?

Rich

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google has changed how the business page works. They have just added a new feature of adding posts to your Google My Business page. This may give you some of the content you want to add to your business listing. You may want to look at this

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David.

The new posts feature doesn't link to G+ in anyway, which I find a little odd, however, I can see the posts will appear in the google listing to boost exposure at the search level. It seems that the G+ page is a social side of the business whereas the GMB pages are a management page for business owners.

Rich

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard H
June

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

That's is how I see it and it will be interesting to see how frequently people post and how long the posts last. I will be trying to do a number interesting posts with relevant text to the location in order to see how it effects the maps listings results for a search.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can imagine it will be more like snippets of what's happening or what you're doing to add a personal touch to the listing. Nice idea to add location to see if it boosts the location listing.

Thanks for responses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David, Can I just check I'm understanding this correctly. We will now have to keep our Local Business Page and Brand Page separate, there is no way to link/merge them like there was in the past? So this means that when people find us on Google Maps (for example) they won't see any of our Google+ activity? (or vice versa) I'm struggling to get my head round this, but at the moment it's looking like we'll effectively have to run/update two profiles, this seems crazy to me though, so maybe I'm missing something? Any help much appreciated!

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@Maria VV Yes google is separating the google plus page. Two separate applications and it certainly looks like Google+ is not a product that is gaining traction. Separate posts are required. What I am implying is there may be a reason to separate the two. Google Plus does have real SEO value now but may fade away in the future. 

One part of your question is confusing. For the same company you run a local page and a brand page? I would not think the brand page would be worth the effort and also conflict with the other. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David. Our business is an online reservations agency, so many years ago we set up a Google+ Brand page to help with SEO, which it has done to some extent. However, we later realised that customers can't leave reviews on a Brand page, only on Local Business pages, so we set up a new Local Business page specifically for that purpose. We actually did the exact same thing for another online reservations agency we own a couple of years ago, and back then it allowed us to "merge" the two pages. When we look at the Info page for that business we now see under "Your business is live on Google": View on Search, View on Maps and View on Google+. But, for the newer business we just see View on Search, and View on Maps. 

It seems odd that they would remove the option to link pages when it was there before, and has been left there for people that have already used it.

I think news of the death of Google+ as been much exaggerated (excuse poor pun!), people have been saying it for years but it is still here and serves some purposes. Even if Google are planning on killing it off, surely they should let businesses transfer/link/merge content they have spent years creating on Google+ to their Business page instead?

I'm hoping they'll reintroduce the feature at some point and in the meantime I guess we'll have to post all new content on both pages... plus Facebook... plus Twitter... etc... yikes!

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

@Maria VV  It seems to only hold true that when it comes to all things Google when you think you know what is going on they change. That is the prime reason I view and try to stay active in this community and others.  The demise of G+ is certainly uncertain but the fact that there is SEO value should help keep it going. It certainly does not seem to be a current focus. One podcast source I often listen to keeps saying social media is worth about 7% of traffic and being in silos really makes it a pain.