My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Blurry cover photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't figure out why my business cover photo is blurred. It looks terrible. I tried disabling extensions and replacing it with another photo but none of those seem to work. It seems as though there is a size adjustment that needs to be made but I can't locate where it is. Ultra Steam Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick C
March 2016

Re: Blurry cover photo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C

This may be a dumb question but when you say the photo is blurred do you mean the bit behind your details?:

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 6.34.39 AM.png

If so, that is intentional - there's no way to change that. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C

Looks ok to me.

However, you may want to reduce the size of the image, so it fits better into the area.

The ideal size for the image you upload is 1080 x 608 (aspect ratio of 135:76, which is very close to 16:9). The smallest image you can use is 480 x 270 (aspect ratio of 16:9). The largest image you can use is 2120 by 1192.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Tim Capper. I resized the image like you mentioned. It still shows up blurred on my end, I wish I knew why this is happening.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick C
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick C

This may be a dumb question but when you say the photo is blurred do you mean the bit behind your details?:

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 6.34.39 AM.png

If so, that is intentional - there's no way to change that. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @PriyaC,
Thank you for your reply. Yes that was what I was asking about. Oh well...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So why offer the option of a cover photo if you can't see it? You spend time finding, locating and possibly editing a photo then find out its not going to show anyway.  Seems that the industry standard in social media is to have a cover photo that actually shows or at least so you can make out what you're looking for.  I'd really like to see that.  Thank.s

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Cheryl

The question mentioned above (blurry photo) only applies to the portion of the cover photo shown behind the business details in old Google+.

In new Google+ the cover photo appears without any blurring at all. If you are still seeing a blurry photo then please provide a screenshot so we can help you better.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.